Friday, June 17, 2005

Redecorating - Part 3

I know, I know.

I just did the web equivalent of rearranging your living room for an entire afternoon, only to put all the furniture back EXACTLY where it started.

I haven't been satisfied. I like this template. Most of the time. But I still feel like there is a certain darkness to it. So I tried about 4 other templates. One reminded me of the company colors from that family-run business I worked for (shudder). One was okay, but just too BLAH. Very dull and lifeless. Nothing else touched me.

So here I am, back again.

In the process I completely lost the customized changes I had made to my template for extra links and stuff. I have a backup in a text file (yes, I am that geeky), but somehow when I thought I copied ALL, I really only copied HALF. For a little while, the garbled template was making my site completely blank. I'll have to admit, I had a bit of a panic moment there.

No need to fear, I have recreated it as I can best remember. An hour wasted messing around for nothing, but that's okay. I had fun. Sort of.

Not quite the exciting Friday nights of my youth, but I'll take entertainment in any form these days.

No comments: