Friday, September 23, 2005

Spoiled Brat

I hate scary movies, thrillers, any kind of "on the edge of your seat" films. Honestly, I don't get it. Why pay someone to frighten me when I do it so well all by myself?

But I love movie trailers for thrillers. The coming attractions are usually my favorite part of the movie experience. I get intrigued, and by the time the movie is released, I'm desparate to find out what happens. The only problem is, I'm too scared to actually watch the movie.

When The Forgotten came out, I was hooked by the trailers. Every time I saw them, I was dying to know: What happened to Julianne Moore's kid? Why didn't Goose know who she was? It was driving me crazy.

One night, I Googled the film and ended up at the message boards at IMDB. Well, to my surprise, some kind soul was good enough to put up a "SPOILER ALERT!" entry and detail the entire secret behind the movie. (Kind of lame. I was relieved I hadn't paid to see it.) In another message, I found a link this website with even more spoilers.

This was awesome. A nosy person's home land.

Never again will I wonder about plotlines. Never again will I watch a film peeking between my fingers just so I can see how it ended. I'm free.

Honestly, between the kids and work and everything else, I'm not free to go to many movies. Most films go from the big screen to DVD to HBO to TNT before I ever get a chance to see them. I always felt like I was missing something. But now, I feel like I'm in on a few secrets. It's fun.

(Too bad E and I didn't read the spoilers for Just Like Heaven. That's an hour and a half of our lives we'll never get back.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'd think we would've learned our lesson a long time ago - Little Black Book I'm scowling in your general direction.