Sunday, February 12, 2006

So here's the thing...

...I'm thinking of moving.

It's not you. It's me. Really. There are things I want out of life that I'm just not getting here.

Like the look around here, for one thing. So drab. So dreary. I'm just not loving it. I like that I can change things a bit, but it just isn't enough. I've literally tried on every outfit in this closet, and none of them look good on me.

I've come to realize that I just need more. Like Categories. I'd like to group my thoughts, just in case I ever want to go back and read everything I ever wrote about math all at once. Maybe I'd like to add Previous and Next links. Maybe a calendar. And I'd like to do all of these things WITHOUT having to get a Phd and doing lots of fancy magic tricks.

What can I say? I'm high maintenance.

Also, the address. I'm tired of it. A name is important. And what does mine say about me, other than the fact that I couldn't think of anything better at the time? It's not a name to remember. I've noticed a lot of people search for "Mete", "Jete" and/or "Ethan" to find my site. That makes me think they've forgotten the title. And really, who can blame them? There are so many "__ Girl" sites out there: Brooklyn Girl, Indigo Girl, Nervous Girl. Who would remember me?

Plus, let's be honest. Indecisive is just plain hard to spell.

So I'm thinking of moving on. I'm staying here until I get things settled elsewhere. But I wanted to let you know that the day is coming. I'll be posting a forwarding address as soon as I'm moved in. And I really, really hope you'll all come to visit.

You don't even have to bring a fruit basket.

No comments: